Dr. Michael Jurkowich, M.D.
Dr. Michael Jurkowich is a Board Certified Physiatrist who is fellowship-trained in Interventional Spine and Sports Medicine. He completed his fellowship training at Alabama Orthopedic Spine and Sports Medicine Associates (AOSSMA), as well as the world-renowned Andrew’s Sports Medicine Center in Birmingham, Alabama. Prior to this he completed his residency training at the State University of New York, Downstate, serving as Chief Resident in his final year.
Dr. Jurkowich attended Ross University School of Medicine where he graduated with High Honors. He currently remains an active member in multiple medical organizations including the North American Spine Society, American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American College of Sports Medicine, and the New York Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Jurkowich specializes in non-surgical treatment of headaches, neck and back pain through the use of epidurals, facet joint injections, sacroiliac joint injections, radiofrequency ablation, vertebral augmentation, spinal cord stimulator trials, discography and intra-discal steroid injections. Dr. Jurkowich is also proficient in vertebral augmentation, spinal cord stimulator trials and lumbar micro-discectomy procedures.
- Medical School – Ross University School of Medicine
- Residency Training – State University of New York, Downstate
- Fellowship Training – Alabama Orthopedic Spine and Sports Medicine Associates (AOSSMA)
- North American Spine Society
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- American College of Sports Medicine
- New York Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certified Physiatrist
- Interventional Spine and Sports Medicine